Get ready to load up on deals on Black Friday 2022 in NYC! This year’s Black Friday is on November 25, 2022, and The Concorde Hotel New York has all the best deals and tips for your NYC shopping spree.
Where can you find the best deals this Black Friday 2022 in NYC?
There are a few stores in NYC that you can always count on to have great Black Friday deals. Be sure to visit Macy’s Herald Square, Saks Fifth Avenue, the MoMA Design Store, Bergdorf Goodman, and the Union Square Holiday Market.
- Macy’s Herald Square – Perhaps best known as the end point of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Macy’s has everything from KitchenAid mixers to COACH bags. It’s the perfect place to find anything you need—or want. The best part? It’s just fourteen minutes by subway from The Concorde Hotel New York.
- Saks Fifth Avenue – This department store’s reputation as one of the most upscale shopping destinations in NYC is well-deserved. Saks features in-house alteration and monogram services, personal style assistants, spa treatments, and more, in addition to housing designer brands.
- It’s just seven blocks from The Concorde Hotel New York.
- MoMA Design Store – MoMA is ready for the holidays with unique home décor items like lighted glass trees, Salvador Dali ornaments, and intricate Christmas cards. Find gifts for art lovers, tech enthusiasts, and kids.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Bergdorf Goodman, also a short subway ride from The Concorde Hotel New York, is one reason Fifth Avenue has become a famous luxury shopping destination. Featuring the best in designer fashion, it’s where the trendsetters go on Black Friday.
- Union Square Holiday Market – If you can only choose one destination this Black Friday, make it the Union Square Holiday Market. This Hallmark movie-esque open-air market features more than one hundred vendors selling puzzles, antiques, jewelry, art, clothing, and more.
Where should you dine on Black Friday 2022 in NYC?
Savvy store owners don’t make shoppers leave the premises to eat. All the stores mentioned above also have exquisite dining options.
- Macy’s Herald Square features an Italian restaurant called Stella 34 Trattoria. If you have the kids with you, you may consider reserving a Black Friday breakfast date with Santa.
- Saks Fifth Avenue has a French cuisine option called L’Avenue at Saks. Reserve a table for a dining experience that is sure to be as high-end as your shopping experience.
- The MoMA recognizes the culinary arts by housing four restaurants. Choose The Modern for fine dining or one of their three cafes.
- Bergdorf Goodman has three dining options: BG Restaurant, Palette, and BG on Fifth. Reservations for BG Restaurant are always recommended, but you’ll want to book yours as soon as possible for Black Friday seating.
- The Union Square Holiday Market has over one hundred vendors, many of which are food vendors. The list so far includes Oh K-Dog and Salted Baked Goods.
What is the best way to travel on Black Friday 2022 in NYC?
As you can imagine, the city streets will be packed on November 25th. You have a few options for traveling to your shopping destinations.
- Drive – Black Friday is not a free parking day in NYC, and those pricey spots will be hard to come by. Still, the convenience of having a car to store and transport all your purchases is hard to beat. Spot Hero lets you reserve a parking space in advance for popular destinations like Fifth Avenue and Union Square.
- Take the subway– If you’re heading to NYC on Black Friday for a specific item or know you won’t have many bags, traveling by subway could be the ideal option. The Concorde Hotel New York is a four-minute walk to a stop that takes you directly to Fifth Avenue.
- Hail a Taxi – Did you plan to take the subway but bought more than you planned? Don’t worry—you can always take the subway to the store of your choice and then hail a taxi back to your hotel.
What else can you do besides shopping on Black Friday 2022 in NYC?
If shopping isn’t your ideal way to spend Black Friday, NYC has plenty of other options.
Most department stores will have their holiday window displays ready by Black Friday. These displays on Lexington Avenue and Fifth Avenue feature magnificent light shows, visual storytelling, and interactive fun.
Bryant Park Winter Village
While there are plenty of vendors at Bryant Park Winter Village , you can skip shopping and still have fun. Enjoy free ice skating on the outdoor rink, admire the Christmas tree, and enjoy food and drink in The Lodge.
Choose the Concorde Hotel New York for your stay this Black Friday 2022 in NYC.
Our boutique hotel is centrally located, with all the amenities to make your trip to NYC this holiday season memorable. Book your stay today!