When the COVID-19 pandemic struck, New York City was one of the hardest-hit cities. More than 52,000 New Yorkers have been lost to the disease.
What is the Stay Well Pledge?
All businesses that commit to the pledge also ask their customers and clientele to commit to the pledge.
All businesses will:
- Wash and/or sanitize hands often to prevent the spread of germs.
- Wear face coverings.
- Disinfect surfaces.
- Ensure that there is enough space for social distancing.
- Offer sick days to staff and keep them informed of their health.
All visitors will:
- Wash and/or sanitize hands often.
- Wear face coverings.
- Maintain social distance.
- Use contactless payment when possible.
- Stay home if unwell.
Please note: If you are fully vaccinated, you may be able to go mask-free in some places. Please review the CDC regulations and check with local businesses for their policies.
The Stay Well Pledge coincides with the NYC Economic Development Corporation’s All In NYC Initiative.
This initiative serves as a reminder that the people and businesses of New York are resilient. We have come back from natural disasters, economic crises, and terrorist attacks. We can come back from the pandemic, too.
However, we have to work together. The people who live here, the people who work here, and the people who just love it here must all agree to take precautions. They must also accept nothing but the best from the businesses and facilities they frequent.
If you’re planning a trip to New York City, make sure you choose a hotel that puts health and community first.
What can you expect during your Stay Well visit at The Concorde Hotel?
All we ask of our guests is that they follow the usual pandemic protocols and fill out a New York State Traveler Health Form. This form must be completed by anyone traveling to New York from someplace other than New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, or Vermont.
Leave the rest to us.
We promise to:
- Mark the floor to make social distancing easier.
- Create more space between lobby furniture and conference areas.
- Limit the number of people allowed in our elevator.
- Allow housekeeping only with express permission and while you are not in the room.
- Install plastic barriers at our front desk.
- Deliver room service in a contactless way.
All of these measures are designed to make physical distancing easier for our guests as well as hotel employees.
We also promise to:
- Wear masks that fit snugly over our mouths and noses. We will require all guests over the age of two (and who are unvaccinated) to do the same.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations in all public areas.
- Disinfect high-touch areas (counters, elevator buttons, handrails, remote controls, etc.) regularly.
- Change gloves between each room cleaning.
- Dispose of all single-use items left after a guest has checked out.
- Wash linens according to CDC guidelines.
All of these measures will ensure that our facility is clean and conducive to wellness.
Lastly, we promise to:
- Notify the health department if a guest or employee contracts COVID-19 in order to help with contact tracing. We will also quarantine any room for 24 hours if it has been booked by a guest that tests positive.
- Ask employees who feel poorly to stay at home and send home employees that are not feeling well.
- Train employees on all of our new protocols so that everyone at The Concorde Hotel is on the same page.
Reopening Against All Odds
Some believe that New York City will never bounce back, but we know that isn’t true. All In NYC believes every business that has taken the Stay Well Pledge believes, and The Concorde Hotel New York believes.
Our city has the Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty, and Central Park. There are fewer silhouettes more recognizable than the New York City skyline. We are fashion-forward, tech-focused, and our economy produces more GMP than the entire state of Texas.
New York City is reopening, and The Concorde Hotel is ready.
We want those who live in NYC, and those who are just visiting, to be confident, healthy, and happy. We want you to enjoy your stay so fully that you can’t wait to plan your return visit. In exchange for following these protocols, we pledge to do everything in our power to help you and your families stay well.
For a full list of businesses that have taken the Stay Well Pledge, please visitthis pledge participants page..
To book your stay with The Concorde Hotel, visit us in our accomodations page.